Friday, October 25, 2013

It's that time of year...Book Character Parade TIME!

Does your school have a book character parade? Are you looking for some new ideas? I was going to re-cycle my Cleopatra costume from Book Fair (Yes I like to dress up in a costume on Wish List Day and for the car dismissal line on the day of Family Night!) but the librarian across the street had a better idea...the Lunch Ladies from the graphic novels by Jarrett J. Krosoczka.

 

Easy costume! All you need is
- Apron
- Jeans, a white shirt, and sneakers
- Gloves
- Kitchen tool of some sort
- Copy of the book
- Hairnet if you are brave enough!


Here is a picture of our special area team dressed up and ready to go!

Other costumes I have been in the past.
- Word Wizard by Cathryn Falwell
I found a purple graduation gown and safety pinned words all over it. I had a sorcerer's hat and a wand.

- Waldo is another easy one. I shopped online at http://www.shopwaldo.com/


Some cute costumes I saw teacher's wear today...
- Paper Bag Princess by Robert Munsch
This first grade teacher made a jacket out of brown bags. She had a crown and borrowed my Library Dragon doll.

- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.
Wear brown pants and a shirt. Diecut letters or numbers all adhere them to your clothes.


2 comments:

  1. ADORE the Word Wizard costume!! Yay!
    Cathryn Falwell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you! We adore your book :) It was a fun costume to dress up as.

      Delete