Monday, November 11, 2013

I won a grant!

I am excited about winning a $3500 City Schools Foundation Grant to purchase Interactive eBooks with Digital Content Creation Tools published by Rosen. That's a huge chunk of change for my little library. It will be about 90 books which it's also scary to think that 90 books can cost $3500! More reason not to cut the library budget...books and eBooks are EXPENSIVE!

If you want to learn more about them go to this link
Rosen Publishing Interactive eBooks

I am just 1 signature, a PO number, and some paperwork away from the purchase! I think the digital content creation tools will be handy as kids learn to gather their research for a project. As we move towards taking our TCAP on the computer students need to know how to type and these eBooks can give them some experience. I heard in a webinar recently that eBooks are different than regular books and students need to be exposed to them and get used to them before taking their computerized tests.  This fact keeps ringing in my head.

Hope to give you some pictures of finished student projects soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment