Thursday, August 11, 2011

Grant #1 - "Go Research Science"

So I said I would talk about the two grants...and then school started. It's the busiest time of year for a teacher.

Grant #1 - "Go Research Science"
A few years ago I learned about PebbleGo, an on-line database for K-3 students, and I fell in love with it! Unfortunately with budgets the way they are I couldn't afford a subscription. I am so happy that I was awarded the grant to purchase a 1-year subscription. It also turns out that you can get a discount if you purchase a subscription to all three databases so my students are in luck! This year we will have access to
* PebbleGo Animals
* PebbleGo Biographies
* PebbleGo Earth/Space
I know I already have one second grade teacher in mind for her animal research project.

What I love about this database:
* It is designed for emergent readers
* Fully narrated text which is perfect for students who can't read
* Citation help. It's never to early to teach students about how to cite their sources!
* Audio and video clips
* Text highlighting

For more details visit http://www.pebblego.com/login.php
You can find a rep and request a temporary password to get access to the databases to look it over.

No comments:

Post a Comment