Sunday, August 14, 2011

Grant #2 - "We're Nooked on eBooks"

The students are getting 6 Nook Colors from Barnes & Noble! I got mine for Christmas 2010 and I absolutely LOVE mine. I find that it is more convenient than carrying a book with me everywhere I go. The Nook fits nicely in my purse. I also set it up on the treadmill and read while I run. Makes the time go by much faster.

With the grant money I will also be purchasing some science and math related eBooks. Another good think about Nook's is that if you buy 1 book you can share that book across 6 Nooks. So I get to buy the book once and all the Nook's will have access to it.

Other great things about the Nook Color
- You can borrow books from the public library (with your library card).
- It's in COLOR - children's books still show the gorgeous illustrations.
- You can get Apps on it now.
- "LendMe" feature. You can share the eBooks that you purchase with other Nook owners. Actually you can also lend it out to a Kindle owner but I'm afraid they can't return the favor.
- The screen can be turned either horizontal or vertical.
- "Read and Play" Interactive books
- Exclusive "Read to Me" feature which reads the text to your young child or beginning reader.
- Build in Wi-Fi
- Lighted display screen that you can adjust. This is very handy for reading in bed at night.
- Adjustable text size.

I'm excited to bring these features, and Nook Colors, to my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment