Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day 10 - Library Displays


Library Displays

Displays – Where do you get your inspiration? Do you have a constant or rotating display? Do you students help?

I can answer the first question with one word - PINTEREST!

My main displays are bulletin boards and displaying books and matching plush characters on my book shelf. I keep all of the new books on top of the shelves and they get checked out pretty quickly.

I've rarely repeated a display. I tend to try something new every year. With young students I don't let them help. I do share my idea with my EA, Educational Assistant, and she is fabulous in creating it. 

Here are some recent photos. This is what I have out in the hallway right now.


Here is a banner the kids in my Writer's Workshop made for visiting author Brian Lies. I was so excited and blessed to have "won" a spot for him to come visit my school!


This is part of the display in the hallway during the Fall book fair. That was a run theme!


No comments:

Post a Comment