Monday, February 3, 2014

Day 4 - Technology in the library


Technology in the library - how has it changed/effected your library? your duties?

My library isn’t as technology advanced as I would like it to be for a student. Now granted I am just K-2 but all libraries in my system have only 5 student computers. I am the only one who as an iPad. I will say that we are getting a new set of student computers, which will be laptops. They have come and taken our old computers away and I am waiting for the computers in my office to be unboxed. I would like to incorporate more technology but I struggle with how to when you have only 1 iPad and 5 student computers.

I was lucky enough to get a SMART board. I LOVE IT! It has taken my lessons in a new direction and I notice the kids are more engaged. Recently I have used it to
- Read a past issue of Time Kids to my first grade
- Show the weather forecast for the week to my second graders
- Show an Olympic presentation that I found on Smart Exchange
        http://exchange.smarttech.com/search.html
It was also very helpful with I did my call number unit with second grade in the fall.

I do find now that technology is handled by grade level or with the individual teacher at my school. I don’t house a gob of iPads and have to check them out to teachers. It’s nice to have one responsibility off my plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment