Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day 14 - Share a lesson topic/idea

Share a topic/idea from a lesson.


I got a SMART Board at the beginning of the year and I have been trying to use it in all of my lessons. It makes me wonder what I did without it before. Some of the technology I have incorporated recently are
-       * Presentations or lessons for my Writers Workshop students. Just yesterday we moved sentences around to sequence how a book is made.

-       * Weather forecast for second grade. I show the 7-day forecast and ask questions. Students “read” the forecast and answer my questions.

-      *  I have told my first grade students about the AV2 books by Weigl. We read a fiction and non-fiction book about Moose that day and then I showed them how to access the digital content online and we watched some short videos.

-       * During a first grade lesson a couple of week’s ago I logged into our Time for Kids account and we read an article about polar bears. It was neat to show the features and functions of the magazine article and to be able to write on it!

A few months ago our principal asked us to go and observe a colleague. I ended up having 5 teachers come to the library and a few of them wanted to see how I incorporated the SMART Board into my lessons. This goes back to a previous post about how you should establish yourself as the tech savvy person for your building. I must say it was quite the honor to have my co-workers come and I’m glad that my lesson showed that I don’t “sit and read books all day”!

No comments:

Post a Comment