Thursday, February 20, 2014

Day 15 - Wish List


What would be one item for you library wishlist? How might you get this item?

I fairly happy with what I have though what librarian wouldn’t want more books!

I do think we are in need of a new storytime rug and luckily the book fair is just a few weeks away. Our current rug has been here since 2002 when I first started at this school. I will try to get a rug from them using Scholastic Dollars. I was once told at a book fair workshop that it is important to tell the parents what you are raising money for. A story was told about how a parent at one school thought the librarian bought new clothes with the money. Seriously?!? Since that time I have started to include my plans for the funds in the newsletter I send home. Sometimes I have put pictures of what I purchased on my library website.

No comments:

Post a Comment