Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day 17 - Supplies and Materials

What supplies and materials do you provide? How do you fund these items?

I provide students with the basic supplies they need for class
-       Pencils, crayons, markers
-       Scissors
-       Glue
-       Blank and lined paper
-       Construction paper

Typically if I do a project with the kids I supply the materials. I get money from the board and book fair money so I will use one of those to pay for any more materials that I need. At the beginning of the year we usually get free supplies from local businesses, churches, or office supply stores.

Teachers send out supply letters at the beginning of the year so sometimes if they have an abundance of supplies I can ask if they would give me some. The art teacher actually sends home a supply list and wish list. I feel like I’ve been good with what I have so I typically don’t ask the parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment