Thursday, February 6, 2014

Day 7 - Management Tip


Library Management Tip

Here’s one thing that works for me - Shelf Markers. These “Demco Sturdy Shelf Markers” that you can find here are fabulous!

When I first started my library career I used to make them with poster board and cute stickers. Then I laminated them. After a few months they just didn’t hold up well. Luckily I found the Demco shelf markers and I’ve had the same 2 sets for years now. I do lay them out on the floor in the winter and spray disinfectant on them once a month.

I keep a basket with the shelf markers in them. Students are expected to make their first stop at my basket to get one! Every once in awhile I do need to review how to use them and also how to put the book back on the shelf with the spine facing out. You do occasionally need to keep an eye out for sword fighting. If I see it they sit down and don’t get a book. Overall I think shelf markers are worth their weight in gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment